PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure Boaphile vs AP

Iguanamama
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi! I see that some of you use AP cages/racks. I kinda like the boaphile cages better, from what I read on their website. I also like the look a little better. I like that they come fully assembled. Are boaphiles good cages, any problems associated with them? I'm a little leary about ordering AP because some assembly is required, and I'm not good at all with stuff like sealant or glue, I can see it getting all over. Any info good or bad is appreciated.

m00kfu
09-18-2009, 07:00 PM
I haven't had any experience with Boaphile cages yet, but I do plan on ordering a couple of his 3-footers in the near the future. I know Jason from redpython.net used all Boaphile cages and he liked them quite a bit. I believe the Boaphile cages are made from 1/4" pvc where AP cages are 1/2" pvc.

2kdime
09-18-2009, 08:54 PM
General census I've seen is AP over Boaphile.

I DO LOVE the Boaphile designs...

But I'm not interested in 1/4 inch cages.

Have you seen the AP 175 racks?

I love my AP T-10's.

bloodlover
09-18-2009, 09:37 PM
I have five boaphile cages and I love them! They keep humidity great they are easy to heat,easy to clean,and come assembled and sealed.Jeff is a great guy to deal with and I would recommend his products to anyone.

Iguanamama
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't really see the downside of 1/4" cages. Upside is that they are lighter and easier to move around to vacuum behind and things like that. I plan on stacking four or more likely five of them. Lightweight is good.

bloodpyton_MA
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I just bought a boaphile...and i really like it! I'm going to be picking up 1-3 more in the not so distant future :) :icon_thum

But I've never had a T-10, so i can't really comment on those

fkdmatt
09-21-2009, 12:03 AM
I have 9 Animal Plastics racks, and I think there great. My friend had 2 Boaphile racks they where also nice, but I like AP better, plus im pretty sure AP is cheaper then Boaphile. Its been a while since ive got any new racks.

TimS
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
i have boaphile cages and AP cages and as far as cages go i much prefer boaphile. they come assembled, the sealent is in place already, easy to move a stack of 5 four foot long cages ontop of pedistool for cleaning and just all around nice. The AP cages i am actually resealing due to the silacone over time started coming loose from the cleaning that was being done and just plain ol time and cage started leaking when big snakes went or if water tipped.

As far as racks i LOVE boaphiles tho i am ordering AP racks just to see how i feel about them and how they work out.

fkdmatt
09-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Just to add on to what I posted, I only have racks, I dont use cages. So between Boaphile and AP cages, Im not sure whats better because ive never used any.

2kdime
09-21-2009, 05:09 PM
What adult racks do you use Matt?

fkdmatt
09-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I use Freedom Breeders. The bigger racks have alot of ventilation, so I get some thin clear vinyl from a hardware store and cover about 85% of the ventilation, Ive been using them for my adults for about 5 years now, and they have been great for me. The only problem with Freedom Breeder is the price.

Most of these pics were taking about a year ago, some even longer ago, but the room has been set up like this for a while, them empty spots are now mostly full!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/horehey/Set%20Ups/DSCN2189.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/horehey/Set%20Ups/DSCN2191.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/horehey/Set%20Ups/DSCN2190.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/horehey/Set%20Ups/Daytona2006007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/horehey/Set%20Ups/picpics013.jpg

Hypno_Toad
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Do the boaphiles run a lot more because of shipping? Seems like it would cost a ton to ship an assembled cage.

Dennis

bloodpyton_MA
09-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I wanna say boaphile 422's are $210 shipped. (I'm pretty sure w/heat).
AP's are on sale for $165 right now then plus shipping and heating

P.S. If I had money, I'd buy those Large Freedom breeder ones...<3 those

Cosmicserpant
09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I like boaphile cages because the shipping is included. But AP cages look nicer IMO, I have both and love them, but I have to say I like my APs better.

ddodge
10-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I have Boaphile cages and AP racks. The only rack I'll buy is AP, and the assembly was easy, but I love Boaphile cages. In the Boa's. the ventalation is limited (being only around the window) and you may have to drill extra holes to help control humidity. I know I'm not answering the exact question with this but I do have Jim Sharphorn cages that have become my main enclosures, very similar to the other pvc cages, and they were a snap to assemble, also the ventalation is adjustable... Anyway, the makers of any of these cages strive to create an easy to assemble product no matter what. I never sealed my Sharphorns, but they don't leak.

jkulysses
12-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Where do you buy these Jim Sharphorn cages from I searched and can't find any info on them at all. I'm about to buy a new cage for my blood that's outgrowing her steralite tub she's in now very quickly. I'm torn between Boaphile and the Pro-Line cages. I want one that's around 30"x24"x12" something like that so when she outgrows that one I'll get her a new bigger one and then I can use this cage for a female Ball Python for my male. I have a Vision cage now for my male bp and it's a great cage but I just want to try some of the others out see what their like. I like how the Boaphile and Pro-Line both have one large front window that folds down because I'm thinking it might be easier to get her out then fighting around the sliding doors on the Vision cages.

ddodge
12-26-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.pvccages.com/

His turn around time is usually pretty quick.

blackblood
12-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I love my AP T-10s! They're a sinch to assemble the only drawback is drying time for the sealent. I have nothing but good things to say about AP's customer service as well. I had custom vents put in one of my T-10s and Ali sent me quite a few emails just to make sure exactly what it was I wanted. Nothing against Jeff and Boaphiles but I'm not going to mess with a good thing. I'm looking at ordering at least four more T-10s in the not too distant future. Damn my blood python addiction.:D